What is Psychological First Aid (PFA)?
It’s a way of helping people immediately after a disaster or emergency. PFA providers give practical
support in a way that respects the person’s dignity, culture, and abilities. PFA providers must take
care for their own well-being first so they can be helpful to others.
Thursday February 21, 2018
Viz Lounge, Riddell Library - Mount Royal University
- Offering practical care and support without forcing it on people.
- Helping people meet their basic needs (e.g., for food, water, information).
- Listening to people, but not pressuring them to talk.
- Comforting people and helping them to feel calm.
- Connecting people to information, community services, and social supports.
- Protecting people from further immediate harm.
1 Registration per Person with an MtRoyal Email Address - You cannot register yourself and others. We will remove registrants with non-MtRoyal email addresses.
Maximum of 30 Seats Avaialble! No Waitlisting at this time